Wolf Generations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight's history

4 posters

Go down

Twilight's history Empty Twilight's history

Post  Twilight12343 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Awesome title, huh? :B So this is my character, Twilight's, history. No where near done with it, but I'll post a bit of it here to see what you guys think. ^^ I made this a really long time ago, and my writing skills have since then developed a lot more than they were here, but bear with the crappyness plees? ;3 And YES, it's first-person. I've never written anything in first person before this, so. xD

Prologue

Some things don’t go the way they’re supposed to. Some things do. It’s just a matter of who gets what and what they do with it. Sometimes you can’t really help it when something goes wrong. It just does. Sometimes it just seems things were destined to go wrong and there’s nothing you can do about it. Me? Yeah, things didn’t go so well for me in the beginning. You want to know what happened? Well, then… where to begin…

Chapter 1 – New World

I stepped out into the light for the first time. Everything was so bright. All of the colors of the outside world came flooding to me and it felt like my eyes would go blind from it all. I looked up at my mother questioningly. She only smiled and nodded her encouragement. She turned and walked to a nearby rock. It was flat on top aside from the dark gray wolf lying atop it. My mother cantered over to him and lay down beside him. He licked her ear once and continued watching me with an amused expression on his face. That was my father. He’s the alpha, or the leader of my pack. I learned that from mama a couple of days ago when he stopped by for a visit.
My ice blue eyes searched the ground in front of me. There was no grass on it; only brown earth. I pressed a paw into it, but it didn’t move. I looked up and saw other wolves sitting nearby, watching me with amusement. I didn’t like it. I turned and was going to head back into my den but my other two siblings had joined me. They, too, appeared to be amazed by our surroundings. I felt better with them beside me, so we all took off together, exploring every tree and poking our noses into every crack and crevasse. All the while feeling the eyes of the other wolves on us.
My sister, Ani, squeaked with surprise as something popped out of the crack in the rock she was looking into. A small brown form dashed out of the crack and made a break for the trees. Ani sat and stared after it for a moment, then her green eyes looked up to the other wolves questioningly. “What was that?” she asked, her voice small.
“It was a mouse,” one of the pack mates said, clearly amused. “Don’t worry, it won’t hurt you.”
Ani’s eyes enlarged. “A mouse,” she repeated, as if confirming herself.
My brother, Kino, stood watching where the mouse left through the trees. A small bird hopped out of the bushes. Kino barked at it and it immediately flew away, chirping in distress.
A few hushed laughs were emitted from the bigger wolves as they watched Kino scare off the bird. His dark gray pelt stood out against the hard ground, while Ani’s blended almost perfectly. His eyes were a deep blue, also inherited from his father.
I knew my white fur stuck out against the ground, but I continued to explore with my siblings at my side.
My ears twitched when a light trickling sound came from nearby. I turned and headed toward the strange sound to find something strange. I poked it with my paw hesitantly and it went right through the surface. I yelped and huddled back as soon as I felt the coldness of the thing.
Again, hushed laughter could be heard nearby. “That’s called water,” someone called out. “It won’t hurt you. Drink some of it.”
I took a step forward hesitantly and stuck my tongue out to lap up some of it. It was cool and felt good against my dried throat. Seeing that the thing wasn’t a threat, by siblings joined me, and they drank some, too.
Once we couldn’t drink anymore of the liquid, we each hesitantly stepped into it. Once we were settled in the cold water, we jumped and played, splashing each other with it. Giggles could be heard from nearby again, but this time we were all having so much fun we didn’t give any thought to them.
I finally stepped out of the water and shook the droplets from my pelt. My siblings followed me, and soon my brother took the lead. He led us to the group of wolves surrounding us. There weren’t that many, two females and one male. The females were the first to greet us. They lowered their heads to get level with us and touched noses with each of us.
These wolves were so big. The only wolves I’ve seen that big were mama and daddy, I didn’t know they were all so big.
“Hey, Twilight,” one of them called to me. “My name’s Uio.”
I looked up to see that the male had joined us.
“Uio?” I repeated. I smiled and made my way over to him. “Your tall!” I exclaimed when I was right in front of him.
Uio laughed. “You’ll be as tall as I am one day, don’t worry.”
“Ani,” one of the females complained. I turned to see that my sister was biting the female’s ear. Well, it was her fault for lowering her head enough for us to reach her. “Ouch,” she complained again.
Ani giggled and released her hold, rolling onto her back.
Kino also had a hold of the female’s ear, but he wasn’t going to let go that easily. He gave out a small growl as he hung on.
“Militia, can you remove your son from me?” she asked, laughing even though it hurt.
My mother stood up and jumped off the rock, heading straight toward us. I knew that look; she was upset. I shrank back under Uio, my ears flat and my tail tucked. Uio didn’t seem to mind.
“Kino, I told you to behave yourself,” she scolded, picking him up by the scruff.
Kino gave a small whimper as she carried him back to the rock where my father was waiting.
My sister and I exchanged a look, but we shrugged and continued socializing with the three wolves. The two females introduced themselves next.
“My name is Rose,” the reddish-brown female said.
“I’m Whisper,” the white female introduced herself.
I remained under Uio for a while longer, then he finally backed up and smiled down at me. He prodded my head with one paw as he said, “Come on, I think it’s time to go to sleep.”
I was about to argue, but when I looked up at the sky it was dark. I looked in wonder for a moment. “What is that?” I asked, looking up at a huge white circle in the sky.
Uio followed my gaze and smiled. “That’s called the moon.”
“Are the other dots moons, too?” I asked.
“No, those are called stars,” he explained.
“Come on,” my mama said, jumping down from the rock yet again. She made her way over to me and Uio backed up. Mama turned me away from him and rounded us all into the den. I was sad to leave my new friend, but I was so tired. Ani and I entered the den before our mother and found Kino already inside.
Ani giggled as she lay down beside him, snuggling up to him. “You got in trouble.”
Kino gave a small growl but didn’t reply. He, too, was obviously tired. I settled on the other side of Kino and our mother curled herself around us. I burrowed into her warm brown fur and she nosed me slightly.
My father was the last to come in. He settled beside my mother for a moment, laying his head atop her’s. “I’m going to lead a hunt tonight,” he said quietly.
“Again?” my mother whispered. It was silent in the den for a moment. Not being able to see, the only thing I could hear was the rhythmatic breathing of Ani and Kino.
“Yes,” my father replied. “Since the pups are coming out of the den now they’re going to start eating meat. If we get some tonight they’ll have some in the morning.”
Mama sighed. “Alright... Come back soon, though, okay?”
“Of course.” He licked her cheek gently for a moment, then disappeared through the entrance of the den.
After I heard my mother settle and fall asleep I finally closed my eyes and started dreaming about all of the things I saw today.
Twilight12343
Twilight12343

Back to top Go down

Twilight's history Empty Re: Twilight's history

Post  Kalyka Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:54 am

Very nice Twi. I love the way you are with words. =D
Kalyka
Kalyka
Wolf Generations Moderator

http://tracepawgenerations.justboard.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight12343 Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:11 am

xD Thanks. Reading over this again I can really see how cheesey it sounds. :U Maybe I should write something more recent... xD Least it wouldn't be as bad as this :B
Twilight12343
Twilight12343

Back to top Go down

Post  Zumi Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Awsome Twi! Keep up the good work!
Zumi
Zumi
Wolf Generations Moderator

http://HollisterWolf.devaintart.com

Back to top Go down